Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Prep it the night before, then bake it in the morning. Great for holidays, company, brunch, taking to church meals, etc.
- Precook sausage in skillet until no longer pink. Crumble and set aside.
- Cube bread in 1 inch pieces and put in bottom of lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Layer over with sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining ingredients, then pour mixture over cheese layer. Cover and chill for 8 hours or over night.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Remove casserole from fridge and stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Serve hot with biscuits, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, juice and coffee or tea.