Recipe by mamalisa
I got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I am always asked to make this for holidays. The combination of ingredients is amazing!
- 3 loaves frozen bread dough
- 1 lb bulk hot pork sausage
- 1 lb bulk mild pork sausage
- 1 lb bulk sage pork sausage
- 1 lb fully cooked smoked kielbasa or 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar stuffed olives, drained and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw bread dough on a greased baking sheet according to package directions; let rise until nearly doubled. Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook pork sausages until no longer pink; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add kielbasa, cheeses and olives; set aside. Roll each loaf into a 17x9 inches rectangle. Spread a third of the sausage mixture on each rectangle to within 1 inches of edges. Roll up jelly-roll sytle, starting with a long side. Pinch seams; place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Form each into a circle; pinch ends together to seal. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter while warm. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Baked loaves may be frozen when cooled. Thaw at room temperature for 2 hours. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.