Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my adopted recipes. I have not made, but got a great review during the Adopted Recipe Swap...great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The prep and cook times are estimated, so if you make and they are not correct, please let me know.
- 680.38 g beef, Ground
- 236.59 ml apple, cored but not peeled, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml green onions with top, Chopped
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 8 link brown and serve sausages
- 29.58 ml flour, Unbleached
- 4.92 ml instant beef bouillon
- 236.59 ml water
- 0.25 ml clove, Ground
- Mix the meat, apple, onion, egg and seasonings together.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal parts.
- Mold each part around a sausage link, sealing the ends.
- Brown the meat rolls in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the meat rolls.
- Pour all but 2 Tbls of the fat from the skillet.
- Stir the flour into the remaining fat.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the bouillon and water.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly and then reduce the heat.
- Return the meat rolls to the skillet; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Buttered noodles are a good "go-with" for this zesty dish.
We made these as part of the Adopted Recipe Support swap, and they came out very tasty! Although we had them for dinner, I think I'd prefer them as a breakfast item. :) Also, I think they could use a bit more sauce than the recipe provides. But overall, very tasty!