Recipe by J9
This is great when friends are coming over or when ever. Serve with fruit and you have a complete meal.
Top Review by Kim127
Very tasty treat! I did leave out the green pepper since I don't really care for them, but other than that, I followed the recipe. It was very easy to make and it looked great too. I cooked it for just under 20 minutes.
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a skillet cook, sausage, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, drain.
- Add cream cheese, green onions and parsley.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted, set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough on a greased baking sheet, press perforations together.
- Roll in to an 12x10 rectangle.
- Spoon mixture within 3 inches of sides and 1 inch of ends.
- On each long side cut 3/4 in wide strips.
- Starting on one end, fold alternating strips at an angle, forming a braid.
- Brush dough with egg and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.