Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1x1/2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers (2x1x1/4 inch) or 1/2 cup red pepper, strips (2x1x1/4 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press to 8x12 inches.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; stir in chili powder, salt and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add onion and bell pepper strips; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon chicken mixture in 4-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with salsa; sprinkle with cheese.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough within 1/2 inch of filling.
- Alternately cross strips over filling; press edges to seal.
- Brush with egg white.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into slices.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!