Recipe by Candace Michelle
I used to eat something similar to this at school when I was you. I especially remember because I would always pick off the onions. Now the onions are my favorite part!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagemild bulk pork sausage
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons diced yellow bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from heat. Drain sausage on paper towels and set aside.
- Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles and place in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan with points toward center. Flatten dough to seal seams and perforations.
- Press dough outward to form a circle 1-inch larger than pan. Turn excess 1-inch of dough under to form a slight rim.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage over dough, then top with thawed potatoes, red and yellow bell pepper, green onion and cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage and vegetables.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of pizza. Bake at 375°F until eggs are set and crust is golden brown (approximately 20 minutes). Remove from oven and allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.