Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A festive addition to any holiday brunch!
- 2 lbs pork sausage, any flavor
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 8 -10 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- Combine the sausage, cracker crumbs, 2 eggs, milk, onion, and apple and mix thoroughly.
- Press sausage mixture lightly into a greased ring mold. Unmold into a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 10 minutes before sausage is done, scramble the 8-10 eggs with the cheese and parsley.
- Remove the sausage ring from the oven and place on a serving dish. Fill center of ring with scrambled eggs and sprinkle with paprika.
This was a fun dish to make - it's just too cute! I halved the recipe and used a 1-pound roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage. Other than that I made it as directed. This was simple to throw together and very tasty. I can't wait to make this again for company. The only thing that I will do differently next time is to chop the apple into larger pieces - I think it would add more to the taste to get an apple 'bite' every now and then. Thanks loof for a great recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
Considering the changes I made this recipe was really good. I scaled it down a lot to fit in a mini ring mold I have. So I cut it down to use about 1/4 lbs sausage. I used a lean turkey sausage egg whites with a litle yellow food coloring so they looked more "real", skim milk, and low fat cheese. I love the presentation of this dish! It looks so neat with the eggs scambled in the center. I will def. make this full recipe when I am feeding a bunch. I did not have to cook this for 1 hour since I cut it down so much also.