Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my own concoction. It is one of my family's favorites and very easy to make! It's one of those recipes that even the husband doesn't mind making when he has dinner duty.
- 1 (12 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 4 -6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (to taste)
- In large skillet, brown sausage until well done. Add teriyaki sauce during browning (approx. 2 T).
- Once meat is thoroughly cooked, add desired amount of veggies. Add water and 2 T teriyaki (enough water to keep from burning).
- Put on lid and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Remove lid and cook away any liquid.
- Add prepared rice (make sure it is still warm). Mix thoroughly, adding teriyaki if needed.
- Serve with biscuits or corn muffins.