Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This Italian style dinner for six can be on the table in less time than it takes to boil the water for and cook a pot of pasta. The secret: bottled marinara sauce and Italian turkey sausage links that saute quickly with multicolored bell peppers.
- cooking spray
- turkey Italian sausage
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) bottlefat-free pasta sauce (such as Healthy Choice)
- 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 3/4 pound uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; cool slightly. Cut sausage into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Wipe pan with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Place pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers; saute 6 minutes. Add sausage; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add sauce; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add mozzarella, stirring until melted. Place 1 cup pasta in each of 6 shallow bowls; spoon about 1 cup sausage mixture over each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.