Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Had this at a friend's house--boy was it good--I ate 2 sandwiches! It is an easy quick fix for busy nights.
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices (any heat)
- 1 green bell pepper (cored, seeded and sliced in thin strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded and sliced in thin strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cored, seeded and sliced in thin strips)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 onion, sliced in thin wedges
- 4.92 ml texas pete hot sauce or 4.92 ml Frank's red hot sauce
- 2.46 ml Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Place margarine in nonstick frying pan and heat to medium high.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in margarine until cooked through and almost caramelized.
- Remove peppers and onions with slotted spoon; set aside and pour any remaining margarine out of pan.
- Add sausage to the pan and season with Lawry's and pepper.
- Cook over med-high heat until throughly cooked (no pink).
- Return pepper/onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add hot sauce; stir and cook 1 minute more.
- Slice open and toast (if desired) sub rolls.
- Fill sub rolls with sausage and veggies.
- Add condiments if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Great sandwiches! Spicy but not overpowering (I used hot Italian sausage), and I loved all of the different colored peppers in it. I had mine as a sub and DH had his on pasta. Both ways this is very tasty! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.