1/2 Photos of Sausage and Pepper Subs
Shawn C's Note:
Had this at a friend's house--boy was it good--I ate 2 sandwiches! It is an easy quick fix for busy nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices (any heat)
- 1 green bell pepper (cored, seeded and sliced in thin strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded and sliced in thin strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cored, seeded and sliced in thin strips)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 onion, sliced in thin wedges
- 4.92 ml texas pete hot sauce or 4.92 ml Frank's red hot sauce
- 2.46 ml Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1Place margarine in nonstick frying pan and heat to medium high.
- 2Sauté onion and bell pepper in margarine until cooked through and almost caramelized.
- 3Remove peppers and onions with slotted spoon; set aside and pour any remaining margarine out of pan.
- 4Add sausage to the pan and season with Lawry's and pepper.
- 5Cook over med-high heat until throughly cooked (no pink).
- 6Return pepper/onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Add hot sauce; stir and cook 1 minute more.
- 8Slice open and toast (if desired) sub rolls.
- 9Fill sub rolls with sausage and veggies.
- 10Add condiments if desired.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Pepper Subs
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.3
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt