1 hr 5 mins
Tired of tomato sauce with your pasta? This white sauce is a nice change of pace. Mushrooms and Italian sausage compliment each other well. Don't skip the steps in sauteeing the mushrooms -- this gives the dish its great flavor. A great recipe for entertaining! I made the stuffed pasta ahead of time, covered it and kept it in the refrigerator for several hours. Then quickly made the sauce just before baking. A hit at our dinner party!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Stuffing
- 1 lb Italian sausage, bulk
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti pasta, cooked as directed, and drained (rinse with cold water)
For the Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta, as directed. Drain and rinse in cold water. (Handle the pasta carefully to avoid tearing the manicotti.).
- 2Crumble the italian sausage into a skillet, then cook until no longer pink. Crumble the cooked meat into small pieces. Drain and set aside.
- 3In the same skillet, melt the butter, then saute the mushrooms and onions until tender. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4Transfer vegetables to a bowl, add the sausage, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir well. Set the skillet aside.
- 5Place the meat/mushroom mixture in a large Ziploc bag - snip a hole in one corner. Stuff the manicotti shells and place in a lightly greased 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- 6For the Sauce:.
- 7Using the same skillet, melt the butter and saute the sliced mushrooms until tender.
- 8Stir in the milk, soup, parsley and heat through. Add the parmesan cheese and HALF the mozzarella. Stir thoroughly. Pour over the stuffed pasta.
- 9Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- 10Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella, and heat for additional 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Mushroom Manicotti With White Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.7
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 1738.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 32.1 g