Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comfort food is a wonderful soup for either family or company. Smoked sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and lentils all come together to delight the taste buds.
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 16 ounces lentils (I like French lentils)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 (9 ounce) bagfresh Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper
- Saute sausage and mushrooms in the olive oil until mushrooms are tender.
- Add chicken stock, water, Bragg's( or soy sauce), and lentils.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add spinach.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for an hour.
- Add more water if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (you may not need salt if you use soy sauce).
- You can sprinkle cheese over soup to serve if desired.
Comfort food at its best! Loved every single ingredient in this soup and would not change a thing! All you need is some good crusty bread to go with it. Will definitely keep this soup recipe handy. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.