Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
found this recipe in a local paper..something a little different to bring to pot lucks..always get recipe requests..
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 lbs smoked cocktail franks
- 3 apples, cored, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Melt butter in a 10" skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, till slightly golden.
- Stir in apple jelly and brown sugar till dissolved.
- Add weiners and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes or mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Add apples, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until apples are fork tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, mix well.
- Stir into apple mixture, heat till thickened.2-3 minutes.