Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A sweet and savory sauce for rice.
Make and share this Saus Prik Sticky Rice Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 fresh Thai red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 cup whole canned tomato with juice
- 12 ounces red plum jam
- 9 ounces pineapple juice (fresh or canned)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Puree raisins,vinegar,chile flakes,garlic,salt,fresh chiles,and tomatoes in a blender until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to the puree and place in a medium saucepan.Bring to a boil over medium -high heat whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes.Remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature and serve over white rice.