Recipe by Ya Salam Cooking
SO GOOD :)
Top Review by April Joy
I have made this twice now and my whole family loves it. Because lamb is not widely available where I live I make it with ground turkey instead. It's still great, though I would like to try it with the lamb at some point too. Make some Naan to go with it and you will have a great meal.
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into medium cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g ground lamb
- 2 dried limes, cut into halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, leaves
- 3 maggi mutton stock cubes (Authentic Taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in sauce pan (reserve 3 tablespoon of oil) and fry the potato cubes until the potatoes become golden in color and tender. Set aside.
- Heat the left 3 tablespoons in a large pot. Fry onions for 3-4 minutes or until golden in color then add garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add minced lamb and fry for 5 minutes or until it becomes brown in color. Add dried limes, spices, MAGGI Mutton Stock (Authentic Taste) cubes and tomato paste, stir for 1 minute then add the water and bring to boil.
- Add the rice and the fried potatoes, bring to boil with occasional stirring, cover and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until rice is cooked.