Recipe by Sydney Mike
This is one of a slowly growing number of recipes with mushrooms that I really enjoy -- At least they aren't limp & lifeless here, but rather full of zing & substantial! the recipe comes from the 2003 Better Homes and Gardens' Simple Meals cookbook(let)!
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb large fresh button mushrooms (up to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet cook turkey bacon over medium heat until crisp, then remove to drain on paper towels. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add olive oil to reserved drippings, then cook & stir mushrooms in hot oil for about 1 minute or until they just start to brown.
- Cover & cook about 7 minutes or until mushrooms are just barely tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked bacon & mustard, then heat through.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley & serve.