This is one of a slowly growing number of recipes with mushrooms that I really enjoy -- At least they aren't limp & lifeless here, but rather full of zing & substantial! the recipe comes from the 2003 Better Homes and Gardens' Simple Meals cookbook(let)!
- In a heavy skillet cook turkey bacon over medium heat until crisp, then remove to drain on paper towels. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add olive oil to reserved drippings, then cook & stir mushrooms in hot oil for about 1 minute or until they just start to brown.
- Cover & cook about 7 minutes or until mushrooms are just barely tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked bacon & mustard, then heat through.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley & serve.
Delicious mushrooms! I used the precooked bacon and grainy brown mustard. The mustard and bacon flavor are great with the mushrooms. Loved these - thanks for sharing the recipe!
These are the strangest mushrooms I have ever eaten. LOL (These are the only kind of mushrooms I have ever eaten.) Don't get me wrong they were G-O-O-D but strange. With every mouthful I took I said I shouldn't have added the mustard but then after a few chews I'm going these are really good. I'm not much of a mushroom eater or a mustard lover but I think I would make these again. Made for I Recommend Red White and Blue 2011.
These were great served on my burger for dinner, as well as by themselves as I grazed from the bowl while cooking dinner! They are so simple to make and the mustard is not overpowering which is good since it is not one of my favorites. Made for Everyday Holiday.