Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Taste of Home Winning Recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs halibut
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat (if using fillets, cut into serving-size pieces first).
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. Add fish to the skillet, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add the sour cream, basil and onion to the skillet; heat through (do not boil).
- Serve over fish. Garnish with parsley.
- NOTE: Haddock or salmon fillets or steaks can be used. I didn't have fresh parsley, so I used dried.
This is so easy and delicious! It comes together in no time! The coating on the fish fillets is so light, but it adds some flavor. The sauce includes things I always have on hand, and it is really delicious. I enjoyed this and I'll make it again! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.