Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Good Carb Cookbook". Posted for safe-keeping.
- 8 slices firm multi-grain bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced lean roast beef
- 4 ounces thinly sliced fat-free swiss cheese or 4 ounces reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices) or 4 slices sweet onions (thin slices)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 -3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- To make the sauce, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl and stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Lay the bread slices out on a flat surface and spread each one with some of the sauce. Place 2 oz of roast beef on each of 4 bread slices, then top the roast beef with some of the cheese, a slice of tomato, a slice of onion, and a lettuce leaf.
- Place the remaining bread slices on the sandwiches, cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.