Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to large bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add meat, garlic and black pepper to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add sou sauce; cook 1 minute or until meat is done. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon meat mixture into bowl with vegetables; toss gently. Serve over rice.
- KITCHEN TIPS:.
- Keeping It Safe: Cutting boards, knives, plates and other utensils which come in contact with raw meat should be cleaned thoroughly wit hot soapy water before being used for another purpose.
- Substitute: If yellow peppers are not available, use a second red or green pepper instead.