Recipe by joanne.smolka
So delicious! This recipe is a variation on a recipe from "everyday Chocolate." Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Use 2 to 3 teabags to make the tea, depending on how strong you like it. The Earl Grey can also be substituted with rooibos or coffee.
- 3 ounces butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shelled pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot earl grey tea
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a shallow 5 cup ovenproof dish with a little butter. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the butter, powdered sugar, and egg, and beat until well blended. Turn into prepared dish and sprinkle with the brown sugar and nuts.
- Pour the tea into a large pitcher, stir in the honey, and carefully pour over the pudding.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 325F/160C for 50 to 60 minutes, until firm to the touch in the center.