Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I've been making these for a while. They are really fudgy. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Cook time includes chill time.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling
- In large, heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Beat in sugar. Then add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered or granulated sugar. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300F for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from sheets to wire racks.
- Cool. Store airtight.