Recipe by Debbb
This is a yummy no-bake cookie for date-lovers! It takes a few minutes to make but it's well worth it. These cookies are a unique addition to your goodie trays. (Cook time is chilling time.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add dates, sugar and eggs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened- about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in cereal and pecans; mix until thoroughly coated.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle half the icing sugar onto waxed paper or cutting board.
- Using half the date/cereal mixture, roll into a log and then roll in icing sugar.
- Repeat the last two steps using the remaining icing sugar and date/cereal mixture.
- Wrap logs tightly in plastic wrap and chill until firm- 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4" slices.