Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Rachel Ray favorite - I like to make rice and serve along with these wraps - very tasty meal.
Make and share this Satay Lettuce Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs thinly sliced pork (1 1/2 pounds ground pork or chicken can be substituted) or 1 1⁄4 lbs thinly sliced chicken (1 1/2 pounds ground pork or chicken can be substituted)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 lb oysters or 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped (about 1 1/2-inch)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, core removed & head quartered
- Using a food processor, finely chop the peanuts.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the meat and cook until browned, about five minutes, season with pepper.
- Add teh mushrooms, scallions, garlic and ginger, toss for two minutes.
- Push the ingredients to the side of the pan and add the peanut butter to the center to melt.
- Whisk in the apple juice, tamari and hot sauce.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Spoon the satay into a serving bowl or individual bowls.
- Serve the lettuce wedges alongside.
- Scoop the satay mixture into the lettuce leaves to wrap up as you eat.