Recipe by Jessica K
These are found basically everywhere on Okinawa, very thick and hearty little doughnut balls! Got this off a local okinawan recipe site.
- oil (for deep frying)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat oil to 350 F or until hot.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened and dough is smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into the hot oil; fry until golden brown and doughnuts rise to the surface.
- Drain on paper towel lined plates and serve hot, but they are also good cooled down, you can buy them either way there on Okinawa!