Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are found basically everywhere on Okinawa, very thick and hearty little doughnut balls! Got this off a local okinawan recipe site.
- oil (for deep frying)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat oil to 350 F or until hot.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened and dough is smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into the hot oil; fry until golden brown and doughnuts rise to the surface.
- Drain on paper towel lined plates and serve hot, but they are also good cooled down, you can buy them either way there on Okinawa!
Made these the other night and my kids love them. I had to hide some so that I could eat with coffee.. Thank you!!!!
Made these doughnuts for my kids and they love it!!! I will definately make them again!!!
This was great. Slightly Crispy on the outside, and nice and cakey on the inside. It took some time to get the hang of frying it, but once I did, it was smooth sailing. Only change I made to this was I increased the salt to 1 teaspoon. Next time I think I will also reduce the sugar to 3/4 of a cup as this was a tad too sweet. Thank you this was delicious, and exactly what I was looking for.