Recipe by Sassy Sandra
A great recipe for a casual supper/BBQ outside. I have been making this for years, and we all enjoy it. There is NEVER any leftovers. Not exactly low fat, but Yumpy!!!
Top Review by Christinescha
My husband, brother-in-law and I just finished making this recipe, and we think it's the best broccoli salad we have had in some time. The taste of the fresh vegetables comes through The golden raisins and sunflowers kernels give it an extra punch of flavor.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (Golden are best)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or use sweet pickle juice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar