Recipe by Sgt. Pepper
This is a delicious beef and noodles recipe that I found somewhere years ago and my family loves it. I hope you will enjoy it as much as they do.
Top Review by Stacky5
This was really good. I do think that it needs a bit more spice and perhaps more cheese and garlic, but that could just be my family's tastes. The basic recipe is very easy to follow and very filling. I loved the addition of the sausage! The only other thing I had to change was the cooking time, because after 1 hour of cooking at 300 degrees, the noodles seemed to be getting over-done, so I took it out of the oven after 1 hour. I will make this again, adding some garlic, Italian seasoning, Oregano and maybe some shredded cheddar or moz cheese on top, but this is a really easy and really good recipe. (In fact, I re-heated some the next day with some shredded moz cheese on top.) :)
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 4 ounces mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 ounces processed cheese (cubed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Brown beef and sausage in the olive oil.
- Remove meat mixture and set to the side without removing pan juices. (a slotted spoon works well).
- Saute onions in remaining pan juices.
- Drain onions and add to the meat.
- Cook noodles about five minutes in slightly salted water, drain and transfer to a large baking dish or casserole dish.
- Stir in meat and onion mixture along with remaining ingredients. DO NOT INCLUDE THE BREAD CRUMBS.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Cook at 300 degrees for 3 hours.