Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 sardine fillets
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 pimientos, julienned
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- Mash the yolks with the onions, ketchup, mayonnaise and sardines.
- Stuff the whites with the yolk mixture.
- Arrange the pimientos on top.
- Might look nice arranged on lettuce leaves.
This is so similar to a recipe my mother-in-law used to make. It's quick to throw together and a great way to use sardines. Because I made this for lunch, I stirred in the chopped pimiento. Yummo!