This is sweet, & full of vitamin A!! You may add more or less milk, until you get the consistency you like
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot& cover w/ cold water.
- 2Bring to a boil, then lower heat& cook until potatoes are done, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain potatoes& set aside.
- 4Rinse pot.
- 5Melt butter in pot over low heat.
- 6Add onions & saute until translucent.
- 7Add potatoes, chicken broth, ground ginger,& salt.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Place cooled soup in the bowl of a food processor or blender, in batches if necessary.
- 10Pulse several times to break down mixture.
- 11Add milk 1/4 c at a time,& process to a puree.
- 12Return soup to pot & season w/ freshly ground pepper.
- 13Reheat over low flame until heated through & serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saratoga Sweet Potato & Ginger Puree
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 292.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth