Recipe by SarasotaCook
How easy can it get? Canned artichokes, pre-shredded cheese, mayo, you can even get pre-minced garlic, some fresh parsley if possible, but dried will work. You do need to slice 1 onion, but mix and bake. It is a wonderful side dish that takes 5-10 minutes to put together and just bake. And in 30 minutes while you make the rest of dinner, your side dish is done. I serve this all the time with grilled steak, pork chops, or fish, anything you like.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Just as described.... a snap to put together and delicious! It's just the right texture. It's just creamy and cheesy enough, but not overly rich like an artichoke dip. I used a mix of swiss and asiago cheese for this. It was perfect. Thanx for a lovely side dish!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters and thin sliced
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (not the green can)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (gruyere is ok too, Cheddar does not work for this dish)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (you can use fresh bread crumbs too if you don't have dried)
- 1 tablespoon butter (margarine will work, but butter is preferred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping -- In a small bowl or measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave (just 10 seconds or so, until melted) and add the breadcrumbs. Mix well and set to the side.
- Artichokes -- Simply mix everything together in a medium size bowl. Nothing more.
- Casserole -- I like to use a glass 8x8, or something similar in size. You could even use a 13x9 is that is all you have. Spray with a non-stick spray and pour in the artichoke mix. Top with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on the paprika and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes on the middle shelf uncovered until bubbly and golden brown.