1/3 Photos of Sarasota's Pork Baby Back Ribs
Tender, falling apart, easy and just perfect. Nothing hard, nothing complicated and they are just good every time. Serve these with traditional BBQ food to me, mac and cheese, coleslaw, beans, corn on the cob etc. Anything you want. Bake unattended basically for 2+ hours and then a quick grill and they are done. How easy can you get. The overnight marinade gives them a great flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 slabs baby back ribs (I don't get specific weight because this marinade can be used on as many as you cook, this amount wi)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1Ribs and Rub -- The night before you plan to cook these, I mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and then RUB THE RIBS. Just rub them up, on both sides. Wrap in plastic wrap and put 2 ribs in each of the aluminum tins. Refrigerate over night.
- 2Baking the Ribs -- The next day, In the same aluminum pans, just remove the saran wrap, cut each of the racks in half to make them easier to handle, and put the ribs in the pan. Add the beer (1 beer per pan), 1 tablespoon cider vinegar per pan, bay leaf (1 bay leaf per pan) and cover with foil.
- 3Cook covered with foil for 2 1/2 hours at 350. Now I check at 2 hours because you don't want them falling apart before you grill them. I have had some take 2 hours -- so just after 1 1/2 hours, take a peek. You want a knife to go in easy but not falling apart. You should be able to pick up the half rack easily but they still should be very tender.
- 4Grilling -- Remove from the oven and take to the grill. Place on a medium grill and grill one side for 3-4 minutes then flip. Then time to sauce up. Sauce each side and flip a couple of times and that is all you need. I like to put enough sauce on for flavor, but I also like my sauce to dry a bit so they are not they messy to eat. It you don't have a grill you can finish in the oven on high heat 450 for just a few minutes too. But the grill is what makes these.
- 5I usually cut the ribs in two and serve family style. The meat falls off the bone and great flavor.
- 6Sauce, everyone has their favorites -- I like my own bourbon sauce, but I won't get in a BBQ battle. Just use your favorite. There are way too many. I happen to love a spicy store bought then mixed with a little bourbon and some smoky chipotles for a great easy sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Pork Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 997.2
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 276.5 mg
- Sodium 1205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 76.9 g