Recipe by Buster's friend
Not too sweet & smooth as silk. Easy peasy to put together. Not just for fall and winter holidays at home. Great for week night dessert (cooks while you have supper) or to bring to holiday gathering (travels well). Do not waste your money on canned sweet potatoes - roast your own while something else cooks in the oven. Scrub them off and put on foil and roast at 350 to 425 until the innards collapse from the skin. I roast lots after going gleaning and freeze in quart sized freezer bags.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, oven roasted, peeled, mashed, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and then beat into sweet potatoes with the brown sugar and spices and salt. Fold in cream and sweetened condensed milk.
- Line deep dish pie pans with crusts.
- Pour half of filling into each pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degree F and bake until set, around 45 to 50 minutes. Check pie crust does not over brown.
- Serve room temp or chilled with freshly whipped cream. Travels well.