Recipe by sarahcis
This recipe has more flavor than I thought it would, and it's meant to be devoured. I've been creating recipes left and right for the crockpot, and found a winner for the chili department. When browning the meat, make sure it's barely brown so it doesn't turn to cardboard tasting when it's done in the crockpot. Drain cans of beans for a thicker chili.
Top Review by Darkhunter
A good basic chili. I did like cooking it in the slow cooker, while I had the stove tied up. Fixed just as directed. I will probably make some adjustments next time I fix it. (Just personal preferences.) Thnx for sharing your recipe, sarahcis. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 2 lbs ground round
- 4 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) candiced canned tomatoes, undrained (one can)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 onions, chopped (I used white, and didn't quite put in all of it)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (we LOVE garlic)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned; drain off fat (I didn't drain off all of the fat).
- Pour into a slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with diced onions, shredded cheese and fritos. Enjoy!