Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I recently started making my own applesauce in the fall months. Wow, it is much easier than I anticipated and so tasty! My family absolutely adores the homemade stuff now. I found this recipe on the internet and altered it to our tastes. Your house will smell heavenly after you cook this up!
- 8 medium apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Peel, core, and dice the apples. Place the cut pieces in a large pot.
- Cover with the remaining 5 ingredients. Stir to evenly coat the apples. (It won't look like much water, but it's enough.)
- Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Let mixture cool for 5-10 minutes. Then puree it in the food processor.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. You can serve it warm or cold.
- Tip: I use orchard apples, no specific type.
The easiest ever and so tasty!