Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is a variation of traditional style Sapporo Ramen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g bamboo shoots, drained
- 5 g sesame oil
- 100 g regular soy sauce
- 10 g sugar
- 2 g red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 liters hot chicken stock, strained
- 400 g cooked chicken (chicken breast or thigh cooked in the hot stock, then pulled off the bone in strips and dressed with)
- 110 g good-quality fresh ramen noodles (at a pinch, you could use another type of noodle)
- 200 g bean sprouts, blanched
- 100 g frozen corn kernels, thawed drained
- 10 g wakame seaweed (rehydrated in cold water for one hour, then drained and set aside)
- 60 g unsalted butter, cut into four equal slices
- 20 g chives, thinly sliced
- 1Mix together the white and brown miso in a bowl and set aside.
- 2In another bowl, mix the soy, water and sugar for the eggs, then marinate the peeled eggs overnight if possible, but for at least three to four hours.
- 3Stir fry the bamboo in the sesame oil until dry, add the other ingredients, stir-fry again until dry and set aside.
- 4Now you're ready to finish the dish. Have all the ingredients laid out ready to use quickly. Have one pot on the go with the hot stock and another with boiling water, for cooking the noodles.
- 5Divide the miso tare between the four bowls and divide the stock equally on top. Whisk until the tare has blended into the stock, to ensure an even taste.
- 6Cook the noodles to the texture you like, drain and divide between the four bowls. Top with bean sprouts, bamboo, pulled chicken, corn, wakame, egg, butter and chives, and serve piping hot.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sapporo Style Chicken Ramen
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 293.2 mg
- Sodium 8532.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 62.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: