Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a variation of traditional style Sapporo Ramen.
Make and share this Sapporo Style Chicken Ramen recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g white miso
- 200 g brown miso
- 100 ml regular soy sauce
- 100 ml water
- 10 g sugar
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, peeled
- 200 g bamboo shoots, drained
- 5 g sesame oil
- 100 g regular soy sauce
- 10 g sugar
- 2 g red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 liters hot chicken stock, strained
- 400 g cooked chicken (chicken breast or thigh cooked in the hot stock, then pulled off the bone in strips and dressed with)
- 110 g good-quality fresh ramen noodles (at a pinch, you could use another type of noodle)
- 200 g bean sprouts, blanched
- 100 g frozen corn kernels, thawed drained
- 10 g wakame seaweed (rehydrated in cold water for one hour, then drained and set aside)
- 60 g unsalted butter, cut into four equal slices
- 20 g chives, thinly sliced
- Mix together the white and brown miso in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the soy, water and sugar for the eggs, then marinate the peeled eggs overnight if possible, but for at least three to four hours.
- Stir fry the bamboo in the sesame oil until dry, add the other ingredients, stir-fry again until dry and set aside.
- Now you're ready to finish the dish. Have all the ingredients laid out ready to use quickly. Have one pot on the go with the hot stock and another with boiling water, for cooking the noodles.
- Divide the miso tare between the four bowls and divide the stock equally on top. Whisk until the tare has blended into the stock, to ensure an even taste.
- Cook the noodles to the texture you like, drain and divide between the four bowls. Top with bean sprouts, bamboo, pulled chicken, corn, wakame, egg, butter and chives, and serve piping hot.