Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Muffin Goddess directed me to this recipe from the people at the Fairchild Tropical Garden in Florida.
- 1 cup sapodilla, ripe and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon star fruit juice
- sugar, salt to taste
- 3 egg whites, whipped until stiff but not dry
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a saucepan, mix sapodilla, milk and cream.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cinnamon, carambola juice, sugar and salt.
- Cool until mixture is at room temperature.
- Carefully fold in egg whites.
- Turn into small soufflé dishes, 4 x 2 x 1 1/2.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Serve immediately.