Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for safe keeping!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups canned French fried onion rings
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, corn, hot pepper sauce and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with cilantro, avocado, cheese and fried onions.
This was very tasty, and the next evening we used leftover soup to create a chili with some groundbeef, this is a keeper!