Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy low fat chicken tacos
Make and share this Santa Fe Chicken Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml jalapenos, minced
- 59.14 ml picante sauce, hot
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 flour tortillas (I use whole wheat)
- 473.18 ml low-fat cheddar cheese
- picante sauce
- shredded lettuce
- low-fat sour cream
- Cut chicken into 1/2" chunks; toss with chili powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, ground cumin, and jalapeños. Stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add picante; simmer uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and cilantro; heat through.
- Spoon mixture into taco shells; sprinkle with cheese and serve with toppings as desired.