Mims & Squims's Note:
Spicy low fat chicken tacos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, minced
- 1/4 cup picante sauce, hot
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 flour tortillas (I use whole wheat)
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Cut chicken into 1/2" chunks; toss with chili powder and salt.
- 2Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, ground cumin, and jalapeños. Stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 4Add picante; simmer uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and cilantro; heat through.
- 5Spoon mixture into taco shells; sprinkle with cheese and serve with toppings as desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Chicken Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 815.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.6 g