- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, minced
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce, hot
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 flour tortillas (I use whole wheat)
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- picante sauce
- shredded lettuce
- low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1/2" chunks; toss with chili powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, ground cumin, and jalapeños. Stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add picante; simmer uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and cilantro; heat through.
- Spoon mixture into taco shells; sprinkle with cheese and serve with toppings as desired.