Recipe by TxGriffLover
These can be served as a cold tapa or as a drink, perfect for Cinco de Mayo. Sangrita is a spicy tomato drink that often accompanies tequila in Mexico. Each raw oyster is served in a shot glass filled with Sangrita. Pass the limes and salt and start shooting. Posted for Summer '09 Comfort Cafe. Cook time is chill time.
- 24 oysters, freshly shucked
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 serrano chilies
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 dashes cholula hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Shuck oysters and keep well chilled.
- For the Sangrita, combine all other ingredients in a blender and puree well. Allow this mixture to chill at least one hour.
- Put each oyster in a shot glass and cover each with Sangrita.
- Serve chilled with salt shakers, fresh lime wedges and a good silver tequila.