A festive wine sorbet that would be an elegant addition to any special gathering, but is especially suitable for outdoor entertaining. Prep time does not include chilling time or overnight freezing time. To cool the sugar syrup mixture quickly, place bowl in larger bowl of ice and stir occasionally. It should be cold in about 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sugar and the water in noncorrosive saucepan to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil 3 minutes without stirring. Pour into small bowl and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. (Tip: To cool the sugar syrup mixture quickly, place bowl in larger bowl of ice and stir occasionally. It should be cold in about 15 minutes.).
- 2Meanwhile, combine wine, lemon and orange slices, cloves and cinnamon in small saucepan. Heat slowly to simmering. Strain through sieve into bowl, pressing fruit with back of spoon to extract as mush liquid as possible. Refrigerate until cold.
- 3Mix wine and sugar syrup, pour into 8" cake pan, and freeze overnight.
- 4The next day, transfer ice to food processor or blender and process until smooth. Return to baking pan and freeze until firm, about 3 hours, stirring once halfway through. Scoop into chilled wineglasses to serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sangria Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: