Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A German cake, almost like pound cake. This recipe is a variation from a German recipe site and posted by request.
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs (medium or 3 jumbo)
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Melt the fat and let cool, until firm again, then beat on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon flavor and beat, until smooth.
- Add 1 egg at the time and beat for 1/2 min each.
- Sift flour, cornstarch and baking powder and fold into batter at medium speed. Do not overbeat, but make sure, the batter is smooth and well incorporated.
- Line a 30X11cm (11X4)loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Fill with batter and smooth surface, tap hard on the counter to push batter into corners and force it down.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on middle rack at 170C (338F) for about 65 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cover with aluminum foil, if the top browns too quickly.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Take off paper and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.