Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like seafood, this is the quiche for you! Serve it with a mixed fruit salad or a green salad and a glass of good white wine! Originally from an old cookbook of mine. I especially like the fact that it makes two quiches- one to eat and one to freeze for later!
- 2 unbaked pie shells
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefrozen king crab meat, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp, chopped
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including green part
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Combine crabmeat,shrimp,cheese,green onions, and celery.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise,flour,wine, and eggs.
- Mix all ingredients together well, and divide the mixture between the two pie shells.
- Bake pies in a 350°F preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Quiches may be frozen before baking; bake frozen quiche in 350°Foven for 50 minutes.
- Leftover quiche may be heated in a 300°F oven for 15 minutes.
This quiche baked up beautifully, but was very strong and fishy tasting. It was not a hit at my house. My son and boyfriend would not eat it. The crab flavor was a bit overwhelming, completely overshadowing the more delicate shrimp flavor. Next time I will use less crabmeat.
I had never made a pie shell from scratch before yesterday...and I had never made a quiche before (I am a relative newbie to cooking even though I am 50!!) Anyway..this turned out beautifully! I will definitely make it again! It is in my cookbook... LOL
This one is a keeper! I made this recipe - with some minor adjustments - to suit what I had on hand. but the bones of this recipe are really good. had a lot of rave reviews with this recipe - had to forward it to a few people.
substituted the celery - for red and orange bell pepper
cut the wine in half - used dry rose instead of white
added 10% cream to eggs
substituted the seafood with - 2 cans of canned crab meat and one can of shrimp cocktail
substituted the swiss cheese with - yellow and white shredded cheddar and added 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
add freshly chopped italian parsley