Recipe by startnover
Something a little different. The red pepper flakes give it just a little kick.
Top Review by DianeH
I made the following changes, which I don't think are substantial enough to keep me from rating this fantastic, easy recipe: I didn't have fresh garlic so I used a rosemary garlic seasoning that my sister gave me (yum!); I reduced the soy to 3T; I reduced the cooking time to 25 minutes. The chops are moist and the sauce is delicious. Thanks
- 4 pork chops (I use boneless)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth or 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Heat 1 T oil in skillet. Brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and saute garlic for one minute being careful not to burn.
- Combine 2 t oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper flakes.
- Return chops to skillet.Pour mixture over top. Cover tightly.
- Simmer over low heat till chops are tender and cooked through (30-35 minutes).
- Add 1-2 t water, if needed, to keep sauce from cooking down to much or burning. Turn chops once.
- Remove chops to platter. Stir in cornstarch (dissolved in 2 T water).
- Cook till thickened. Pour over chops and serve with buttered egg noodles.