Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something a little different. The red pepper flakes give it just a little kick.
- 4 pork chops (I use boneless)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth or 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Heat 1 T oil in skillet. Brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and saute garlic for one minute being careful not to burn.
- Combine 2 t oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper flakes.
- Return chops to skillet.Pour mixture over top. Cover tightly.
- Simmer over low heat till chops are tender and cooked through (30-35 minutes).
- Add 1-2 t water, if needed, to keep sauce from cooking down to much or burning. Turn chops once.
- Remove chops to platter. Stir in cornstarch (dissolved in 2 T water).
- Cook till thickened. Pour over chops and serve with buttered egg noodles.
I made the following changes, which I don't think are substantial enough to keep me from rating this fantastic, easy recipe: I didn't have fresh garlic so I used a rosemary garlic seasoning that my sister gave me (yum!); I reduced the soy to 3T; I reduced the cooking time to 25 minutes. The chops are moist and the sauce is delicious. Thanks
Super tasty! Husband liked it too. I used low sodium soy sauce (based on other reviews that said it was salty) and it was perfect. Thank you!
I used bone in pork chops. The only other thing I altered was the garlic. I didn't have any fresh garlic on hand so I used minced garlic from a jar. All in all this was a pretty good recipe. DH said "that was excellent", which in our house is the equivelent to three thumbs up. And the kids (ages 7, 9, and 12) all asked for seconds!!!! The chops were tender and the sauce was good, although next time I will only use half as much soy sauce - it was too much for my taste. Then again, perhaps with fresh garlic the soy wouldnt seem so overpowering. I will definitely make this again and let you know how they turn out. Thanks for sharing!!!