1/5 Photos of San Francisco Pork Chops
Something a little different. The red pepper flakes give it just a little kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat from pork chops.
- 2Heat 1 T oil in skillet. Brown chops on both sides.
- 3Remove chops and saute garlic for one minute being careful not to burn.
- 4Combine 2 t oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper flakes.
- 5Return chops to skillet.Pour mixture over top. Cover tightly.
- 6Simmer over low heat till chops are tender and cooked through (30-35 minutes).
- 7Add 1-2 t water, if needed, to keep sauce from cooking down to much or burning. Turn chops once.
- 8Remove chops to platter. Stir in cornstarch (dissolved in 2 T water).
- 9Cook till thickened. Pour over chops and serve with buttered egg noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for San Francisco Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 1162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 43.5 g