Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In '300 Best Bread Machine Recipes' by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt. A heavy-textured loaf
Make and share this San Francisco Firehouse Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 3⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manfacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Whole Wheat cycle; press start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.