Recipe by ~Dragonflyjoy~
I've made this for a while now and I finally measured out everything tonight. The salsa gives it a bit of a kick, but it is still mild enough to be enjoyed by my kids.
Top Review by BHoofer
For a vegetarian version, replace the ground beef with lightly fried Quorn (meat substitute). Spice up the sauce with a few chopped Jalapenos, and add a few breadcrumbs to the sprinkled cheese for a nice crunchy texture on top. We also had problems getting Monterey Jack cheese so used a smoked cheddar instead. Absolutely delicious and will be made again!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 2 cups salsa
- 4 large green bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut green peppers in half length wise and discard seeds and membrane, place in a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, egg, milk, breadcrumbs, 1 cup of cheese, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Fill peppers with meat mixture.
- Combine soup and salsa and spoon over stuffed peppers.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.