Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam The Cooking Guy. Can also be served with toasted poundcake and ice cream.
Top Review by Laura2of7
This was really good. And I could have eaten it as is, but couldn't resist adding a couple of extras. A 1/4 teaspoon of grated ginger along with a pinch of salt and a dash of ground cloves put it right over the top.
This can be eaten with a spoon and a dollop of whipped cream, but I served it with French toast. Would also be good over waffles.
Thanks for the recipe, Karen.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil enough water to cover peaches.
- Drop peaches in boiling water for about 1 minute.
- Drain water and when cool enough to touch, remove peach skins.
- Slice peaches into crescent shapes and saute in butter for about 5 minutes until thoroughly warmed.
- Squeeze lemon over top and add brown sugar
- Saute for another minute or 2.
- Remove from heat and serve over very good vanilla ice cream.
- This is not the time to buy lousy ice cream - really good ice cream will make a difference.