Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
from Sam The Cooking Guy. The perfect dessert after a big dinner. The recipe calls for rum and you can use whatever you like - but the coconut in Malibu Rum gives it a amazing tropicalness - is that a word? Cooking time is actually freezing time.
- 3 mangoes, peeled and roughly chopped (save 4 mango wedges for garnish)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons Malibu rum
- Add all ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 9x13 baking pan. Freeze until solid - 3 to 4 hours.
- Scrape across the top with a big spoon to make a 'shave-ice' like snow, and put into serving glasses - martini glasses work well.
- Option 1: Garnish with lime zest and a mango wedge.
- Option 2: cut the water in half, add more rum and make it it a cocktail.