This recipe came about when son Sam and daughter Amber conspired to "help" make breakfast one Saturday morning. We always figure one piece of fruit for each person eating (5 people = 5 fruits). Cooking time is figured for letting fruit sit for a few minutes make make its own syrup--you can skip this step if someone is "starving!"
- Cut fruits into bite-size pieces over a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top.
- In a separate (small) bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruits & nuts; mix well.
- This creates its own syrup if you let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Substitute "in-season" fruits (berries, melons) or go with "tropical" fruits (mango, kiwi) for a different flavor.
- VARIATION: Zap in the microwave for a bit to serve it warm--this is great to serve over panny cakes or waffles, too!