Recipe by Samantha Goldstein
Great for dinners parties or a romantic dinner for two. Very easy to make and full of flavor.
Top Review by Chuck
Who would have thought eggplant & chicken together? Very tasty meal, easy to make. I added a little garlic to the browning of the chicken. The olive oil & white wine sauce gives it a fantastic taste.
- 1 lb thin-sliced boneless chicken cutlet
- 3 -4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I prefer extra virgin)
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 cup flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Clean and trim fat off chicken cutlets.
- Add 1 or 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and 0.125 cup of olive oil to the pan.
- Next, heat another medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- For the eggplant: While the first frying pan is warming, beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Wash the eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place bread crumbs on a separate plate.
- Now, add the chicken to the first frying pan (with the butter and oil), salt and pepper the chicken to taste and brown on both sides.
- Make sure it's cooked through.
- Once they are finished, transfer to separate plate and keep warm.
- Continue until all chicken cutlets are cooked.
- Add enough vegetable oil to the other frying pan to cover the bottom.
- Dip the eggplant first in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, covering both sides.
- Place eggplant in frying pan and cook.
- Transfer to separate plate and keep warm.
- Continue until you've cooked enough eggplant.
- When all the chicken is finished cooking, add 1/2 cup of water to the hot pan and scrape all remains from the bottom, mix with the water.
- Put on high heat, bring to a boil, and let reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup white wine or white cooking wine.
- Let boil and reduce until about half.
- Put on low heat.
- When all the eggplant is cooked, heat a broiler, place one layer of chicken, top with eggplant, and then mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to plate, pour sauce (distribute evenly among plates) over chicken.
- Viola, serve!